The Material Handler – Forklift Operator is responsible for loading and unloading items, moving goods/pallets from one place to another, maintaining inventories, storing products, and keeping the working area clean and safe. Experience using an RF gun.
Material Handler – Forklift Operator Responsibilities:
- Unloads incoming materials from trucks.
- Verifies skid counts and signs freight bill.
- Records freight shipments by truckload and United Parcel Service on the freight log.
- Records incoming stock by, stock code, on receiving logs.
- Enters receiving information into computer system.
- Performs inventory transfers.
- Disassembles and identifies materials for storage.
- Uses a scale to resolve material count discrepancies.
- Prepares tags for inventory by storage location when locating and moving stock.
- Delivers new and excess material to identified location using a forklift or ladder.
- Organizes material by date order.
- Follows written instructions to prepare material for shipping and completes bill of ladings.
- Calls freight line to notify of outgoing shipment.
- Pulls and delivers forms and supplies to departments.
- Performs stock counts, by title.
- Cleans equipment and warehouse area.
- Repackages damaged material.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to tolerate extended periods of walking and standing.
- Must be able to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
- Must have an ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have an ability to maintain professionalism.
- Must have an ability to take ownership of duties.
- Must be willing to learn and grow with new opportunities in a rapidly expanding organization.
Education and experience:
- High School Diploma/ GED Required
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.